My Favourite Australian Animals

Happy Australia Day to my Aussie followers! To celebrate I decided to share my favourite Australian animals!
source
5. Crimson Rosella - my favourite bird! I have a few of these beauties that fly around our house all day long - they are absolutely gorgeous
source
4. Quokka - oh my gosh, look at that happy little face. Quokkas just look so cute and cheeky!
source
3. Kangaroo - of course I love kangaroos! I remember once Nathan and I went to the Hunter Valley for my friends wedding. At the hotel we stayed at, when we opened the door the owners dog would be waiting for us which was amazing, and there were dozens of kangaroos all over the property! I'd love to go back there one day, it was so lovely.
source

2. Koalas - look at those ears, aren't they amazing! A personal pet peeve of mine is when people call them koala bears - I know they look a little bearlike with those ears, but it really irritates me! 
source
1. Wombat - my absolute favourite native animal. They look so cute and cuddly, but they can actually be pretty vicious, and they can run really fast despite how plump they are! Idol.

I suppose this list is pretty predictable, considering nearly all of the other animals that live here can kill you just by lookin' at ya! I hope you enjoyed it regardless, they're all so cute!
Megan xo

3 comments

  1. I've seen photos of quokkas on Reddit before, I believe it was, and they are just the cutest things! They look so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Megan! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Info about it can be found here: http://anxiouslybeinghavok.com/2015/01/27/the-liebster-award/ (and I entirely understand if you don't want to play along!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, that quokka is so cute! it's funny i've never even heard of it before but it's adorable!

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete