Books I Have to Read in 2014

Hello! Today I am sharing a few books on my shelf that I have been putting off reading because they are large and daunting, so I am hoping to knock them out this year! So in no particular order....
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. I've had this for a couple of years and it's 985 pages scare me! I love Murakami so I need to read this. 
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. I've heard this book is really good, but it is massive and I worry it's going to be hard to get through. 
The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. My brother got me this for my birthday a few years ago. I've read Crime and Punishment, which was good, so hopefully I can enjoy this one too. However, I struggle with classics...fingers crossed this isn't too difficult!
The Final Confession of Mabel Stark by Robert Hough. I have had this on my shelf for so long, I am embarrassed to say how long - so I HAVE to read this. It sounds really good too! 
Habibi by Craig Thompson. This comic was also a gift and it is a big one with 672 pages. The cover is gorgeous, and the story sounds interesting. 

I am really hoping I can get through these 5 books this year, as I've been putting off reading them and the longer I leave it the worse I feel! Have you been avoiding any books because of their size or for another reason?

Megan xo

No comments